Using interactive exhibits, visitors can
- test their knowledge of which plant species are native to the region and which have been introduced from other countries.
- learn about the various types of waterways in the Lower Cape Fear and which watercraft best suit each one. Additionally, visitors can make connections with watercraft artifacts on display.
- operate a digger to “dredge” a channel.
- read and record the weather on the site using weather instruments and manual dials.
- experience a “ghost forest” through photographs and cypress trees, explaining the effects of increased salinity in the Cape Fear River.
- learn in our “outdoor classroom,” a grassy, quiet spot south of the Maritime Pavilion.
814 Market Street • Wilmington, NC 28401 • Phone 910-798-4370 • Fax 910-798-4382