- Parks & Gardens
- Geocache Challenge
Parks and Gardens has hidden 12 geocaches in 10 different parks for a new Geo-Challenge. To participate:
- Print the Geo-Challenge Passport (PDF)
- Register for a free account on Geocaching. Here you will find GPS coordinates and more information regarding geocaching. You may also download the free geocaching app for smartphones.
- Locate all 12 geocaches:
- Stamp your passport with the stamper inside the container (leave the stampers in the cache for the next person)
- Register each find on geocaching.com. (If you do not register each find, you are not guaranteed a prize)
- Once you have found all 12 geocaches, take your completed passport to the Parks office to receive your prize (Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm). The prize is for children.
- If you complete the Geo-Challenge at Airlie Gardens, you may turn your completed passport in to the Ticket Agent and receive your prize while you are there (Monday through Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm). You must enter Airlie Gardens before 4:30 pm.
Groups are welcome to participate in the Geo-Challenge, however, the group leader must contact the Parks office at 910-798-7629 prior to beginning the challenge so that we can be prepared for your group. A "group" is considered any group of people larger than an individual family, including schools, daycares, summer camps, etc.
There is a charge for admission to Airlie Gardens. Geocachers may gain complimentary access to Airlie in order to complete the Geo-Challenge if and when they have found all 11 of the other Geo-Challenge caches (you must show your completed Geo-Challenge passport to the Ticket Agent to gain free entry). Also, admission is free for New Hanover County residents on the first Sunday of every month.