The Jynneos vaccine can prevent mpox or reduce the severity of illness if given within two weeks of exposure. The vaccine is well-tolerated and consists of two doses separated by at least 28 days.
The Pandemic Operations Center is providing free vaccinations to high-risk individuals aged 18 and older. The Jynneos vaccine is available for individuals who self-identify as meeting the following criteria:
- Anyone who had close contact in the past two weeks with someone who has been diagnosed with mpox
- Gay, bisexual, or other men who have sex with men, or transgender individuals, who are sexually active
- People who have had sexual contact with gay, bisexual, or other men who have sex with men, or transgender individuals in the past 90 days
- People living with HIV, or taking medication to prevent HIV (PrEP), or who were diagnosed with syphilis in the past 90 days.
- People who have had any of the following in the past 6 months:
- Sex at a commercial sex venue
- Sex in association with a large public event
- Sexual partners of people with the above risks
- People who anticipate experiencing the above risks
To schedule an appointment for vaccination, call the Pandemic Operations Call Center at 910-798-6601.